The city is divided into three parts: the thousand-year old Gornji grad (Upper town) which contains the Presidential Palace, the historic church of St. Mark’s, the Croatian parliament, and museums and galleries which are all set in cobbled streets lit by gas lamps; the 19th century Donji grad (Lower town) with its shops, restaurants, cafes, theatres, parks; and the modern post-war (WWII) Novi Zagreb (or New Zagreb). A city of museums and a cultural centre, an expanding city and a fast-developing Capital of the new Europe, Zagreb is also surprisingly laid back: one of the pleasures that the Zagrebcani (the people of Zagreb) enjoy is sitting in one of the numerous cafes watching the world go by. Sample a delicious Croatian dish and finish the day in the one of the bars or clubs… whatever you choose to do, you are guaranteed to have a good time!
- Duration: 3 nights/4 days
- Arrival transfer from Zagreb airport to Zagreb hotel
- Accommodation at selected hotel with breakfast daily, standard rooms, taxes included
- Departure transfer from Zagreb hotel to Zagreb airport
- Hotel: 4* Hotel Dubrovnik or BW Astoria or similar
- International airfare (can be priced separately)
- Any travel and document fees including Visa requirements
- Optional tours as outlined in itinerary (minimum number of people required to operate)
- Costs of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone, liquor, souvenirs, etc.
- Tips to local guides and other staff along the route (suggested Tipping amounts will be advised)
- Any increases in costs due to unforeseen circumstances such as: additional fuel surcharges, exchange rates or Government imposed taxes and fees not known at this time
- Travel Insurance (strongly recommended)